Date Problems

This topic is 8386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A few people, including myself, have been having some date problems. We have been using Javascript to work-around these problems. However, I believe I have found the source, not the solution, of my problems.

I am using FMP5.5 on OS X. Any files which have been created with 5.5 don't have the problems. Only files created with earlier versions are having the format problems. Another observation is that with the older files I am able to select 'Use System Format' in the 'Format' menu, whereas with the new files that menu is not accessible.

Oh well, back to the 'bleeding' edge to discover more features.

All the best.

Garry

• Newbies

Hi Garry,

I've found out that if you set your system date (for Macs on FMP 5.0 v3, I don't know about PC) the way you want to (i.e. DD-MM-YYYY) and then create a clone of the database and import your records into the clone, the database will allow entry of the dates the way you have it on your system.

Hope that helps...

Winston

Thanks Winston,

With database files piror to 5.5 the 'Use System Format' menu item would allow this. However, with early versions of OS X, FMP seemed to be not taking notice of the system date format for files created in versions piror to 5.5. Now that all my files are 5.5 they all comply with the system date format.

I think we were swaping files, between systems, too much during development.

Thanks

Garry

This topic is 8386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.