Get ( ActiveLayoutObjectName )

This topic is 3027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need to use the Get ( ActiveLayoutObjectName ) function for some window positioning scripts.  However, I can't seem to find a way to actually get the active layout object name.  ^_^

The example from Filemaker's own website states:  "There is a named button on the current layout called cancelButton. When the focus is on the button, Get(ActiveLayoutObjectName) returns cancelButton."

Perhaps I'm unclear on the concept of "focus".  I have a Button on my layout called "test".  I have named the button/object "test" using the Position Tab in the Inspector.  I made a simple script using only the Show Custom Dialog step which returns Get ( ActiveLayoutObjectName ).  Clicking on the button returns null (blank) for the Custom Dialog.  Similarly, Data Viewer (showing Get ( ActiveLayoutObjectName )) shows nothing when clicking the button.  What do I need to do in order to "focus" on a button?

Thank you for your help.

If I'm correct you'd need to have a script that goes to the button to make it active. If you click the button it won't be active. So you might need a hidden object whose name you can get underneath your button.

See my attached example file.

Hope this helps.

Agi

test.fmp12

This topic is 3027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.