Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Remove Filemaker Name in solution

rookie89

This topic is 3021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is it possible to remove the filemaker name? Client want to remove the filemaker name and replace with the solution name instead. 

for instance; the filemaker pro at the top, he want to change to corp point of sale and the filemaker name in dialog boxes he want to replace with the solution name also. Like the annoying alert box in listview if there's no record.

Is it possible? 

If it were possible, it would probably violate the license terms.

In FileMaker Platform runtimes, you can add some of your own information to closing splash screens.  Please remember that runtimes are slated to be deprecated in the future.

Steven

Hi rookie,

I moved your question to this topic area because, it seems to fit your questions. I also sent you a Private Message.

Is your client is using a Runtime or regular FileMaker Application?

Lee

• Newbies

First of, Thank you for the reply sir.

No they will use the regular FM coz runtime cannot be shared to the network I presumed.

Im just asking because I saw a filemaker solution installer that doesnt look like a regular filemaker installer and the name and the folder of the installed program is the same with the name of the solution. I cannot believe it so I'll better ask the FM expert from here like you.

Thanks

Hi rookie89,

2 hours ago, rookie89 said:

runtime cannot be shared to the network I presumed

Go with that.

The exception is, you can share the Runtime by serving it, but the clients need to have full versions of FileMaker to access. (I don’t think this has change).

Lee

1 hour ago, Lee Smith said:

you can share the Runtime by serving it

To clarify: you can share runtime database files by opening them in FileMaker Server (or in FileMaker Pro, for peer-to-peer sharing). Runtime database files are identical to the original database files, except (1) they may have a different extension and (2) they contain a key binding them to a runtime application.

This topic is 3021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.