Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing Form from FMP 14

Hazzard

This topic is 3020 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I recently converted my business database from FMP 11 to FMP 14. I am now having problems with printing a multipart form to my Okidata Microline 320 Turbo printers. I have a OkiLan printer server card in these printers. The form is a preprinted, multipart, tear off form 8.5 in by 8.5 in. The problem that I am having is that the "ticket" is now getting split into two pages and it used to be one on FMP 11. I am sending these print jobs from Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I print approximately 35,000 to 40,000 of these forms a year between about 5-6 printers. I have tried the several drivers from windows  (Okidata ML 320 Turbo/D (IBM), Okidata ML 320 Turbo/D (IBM), Okidata ML 420), I have used the driver (OKIDATA ML320_1 TURBO) from Okidata website all to no difference in the problem. There are two things that I have done that have changed the way things act. 1)I have changed the driver to Generic Text Only and had to move items around on the layout to get it to work for now, the problem with this solution is that the text moves around depending on different fields being filled or not. 2) The other thing that I have noticed is if I change the papersize from my custom 8.5 x 8.5  in printer properties to legal(14 in length) with the Okidata drivers the printer does not issue a form feed in the middle of print document, this will not work because these forms are continuous and the form needs to feed to tear off line.

I also made a new database in FMP 14  and put sample text on it to try and see if it was related to the  conversion, this new database did the same thing. If I print these "tickets" to a laser or pdf I don't see the problem.

This topic is 3020 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.