Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Count the number of values - Calculation

This topic is 2962 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm trying to find a calculation to count the number of records with a certain value of a field.  For instance if I have 5 records and three of those records have a field with a value of “completed”.  I want to find a calculation that tells me there are 3 records with the word completed.

I’ve spent hours trying to figure this (what seems to be probably something simple) out and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.

Hi!   Welcome to FMForums! :smile3:

There are various techniques to achieve a count of values in a field but the method would depend upon the purpose.  Do you want a report which groups and counts different status so it would look like:

Cancelled - 1
Complete - 27
Inactive - 3
Pending - 14

... or do you need this value for export?  Display on a dashboard?  Display on a Staff layout to show how many related staff tasks are complete?  Can you describe the work flow and how the User needs this information displayed?

• Newbies

Yes LaRetta I'm looking for exactly what you described.

I'm working on a project management database.  I need to show the following information on a dashboard:

- How many total records show "completed", "in progress", "on hold", "canceled".  I have a field that uses a drop down menu to select one of these options.

- Then I would like to go more granular and show how many are "completed", "in progress", "on hold", "canceled" by the project owner.

This topic is 2962 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.