Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Last record in subset

This topic is 2943 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FM 12 Adv. Finding the latest record in a found set is straight forward, however I would like to identify the last record in each subset of a found set. For example, suppose the records have name and date fields.  A found set contains 12 records: 4 John records, 5 Mary records, and 3 Fred records. I would now like to loop through the found set and identify the latest record (by date) for John, the latest record for Mary and the latest for Fred. I would then create a new found set of only these 3 records.

2 hours ago, john9210 said:

I would then create a new found set of only these 3 records.

Why would you need a new found set? Use a sub-summary part to display data from the latest record in a group, and remove the body part from the layout to "hide" the other records.

Thanks. That worked. One question if i put a field in the subsummary part (not a summary field) which record does it display the data from? The first or the last record in the group?

16 minutes ago, john9210 said:

if i put a field in the subsummary part (not a summary field) which record does it display the data from? The first or the last record in the group?

If it's a leading subsummary, then from the first. If it's trailing, then from the last.

This topic is 2943 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.