Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Populate Portal Row based of Previous Entry

shredded

This topic is 2908 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a child table of SKUs which is being shown by a portal on my products table.

How can I automate increment after first row?

Workflow:

I create a new sku: 4444-4444

I create a new row: 4444-4445 is automatically entered.

Using auto enter calculation of:

GetNthRecord ( SKU; Count( __SKUID ) ) + 1

Last ( SKU ) + 1

Nothing happens though.

Can all the sku's in the portal be used for any product? Or does each product have it's own type of sku?

If it's the first way, instead of an auto enter calculation, make the sku field a text field, and for options, Auto Enter tab, a Serial number, on creation.  Put in the starting value (4444-4450) and increment by 1.

As you make related records in your portal, either with a button, magic key or just entering data into any portal  field , the sku number will increase to 4444-4451

Edited by Steve Martino

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

My products have SKUs generated outside of FM and I need to data entry all of them individually.

Each product can have 1-6 SKUs, so when adding the first portal row and manually entering the first SKU is OK.

Subsequently if I add a new portal row I would like the SKU to populate incrementally based on the previous entry.

The products usually will not be added in sequence of the SKU numbers, so in this case I cannot see the auto serial number working. :(

If I read this correctly, you first create a product record, then you want to create a series of 1- 6 related records in a child table - is that correct? If so, I would recommend you automate the entire process - i.e. enter the starting SKU and the number of related SKU's to create, and have a script do it all for you.

This topic is 2908 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.