Related Records Deleted on Server

This topic is 2902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I used the Customization script to constrain records in my ELEMENTS table.  When I ran the sync, the ELEMENT records were constrained and none of the ELEMENT records were deleted on the server.  HOWEVER, ALL of the related INSPECTION records NOT in the found set of ELEMENT records WERE deleted from the server.  This was NOT supposed to happen.  Fortunately I had just downloaded a full copy of the database so I was able to recover the deleted INSPECTION records.  Note that I did have one ELEMENT - INSPECTION relationship set to delete the child record when the parent record is deleted.

Why did this happen?

Troubleshooting problems with the customization script is something that we can do, but it's not in the scope of our free support. Contact us at [email protected] if you'd like to get help with this on a consulting basis. Our hourly rate is $165.

If you'd prefer to troubleshoot this yourself, here are some tips:

* It sounds like you might have modified the spoke section of the customization script instead of the hub section. If that's the case, it's probably incorrect.

* Make sure you do not have cascading deletions from ELEMENT to INSPECTION.

* Test your customization script by going to each sync layout, finding all records, and running the MirrorSync customization script with no parameters. Whatever you get as the found set is the same found set that you'll get when you run the sync.

This topic is 2902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.