This topic is 2893 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi can anyone advise the easiest way to have filemaker report the number text fields chosen via a drop down field.

I have a drop down field choice of "test1" "test2" "test3" If i enter 3 of each choice in my records I can successfully get the total summary to show me "9" entries.

What I want to try and do is get filemaker to show me "test1" was selected 3 times "test2" was selected 3 times "test3" was selected 3 times.

Many Thanks for any help offered.

Hi comment to me its different question, its not about charts, its about display a word use count thats selected from a value list..

I am a novice user trying to learn ... your understanding of filemaker is far greater than mine therefore it may be the same question and same answer but that isn't obvious to me at my level.

I am simply asking for advise because i don't as yet understand enough to work these things out myself. I have subscribed to Lynda.com so hopefully I won't have to seek

answers to basic question for to long... thanks for your replies

Ok I sorted my problem, I was thinking it was more complex... I deleted the body field on my report layout and put my source field and Count field in the correct layout part (sub summary)

This topic is 2893 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.