Portal Issue?

Peter Barfield

This topic is 1876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

OK Here goes an question that I hope makes sense.

The small POS that i am working on is progressing however, I have just noticed an issue with a popover portal display that i am not sure is correct or how to work around it. I will try and explain.

If I create a new transaction record and dont put any data into the portal where the dummy product is 

In the image pos1.png

i.e. it is blank then when i click on the Green fruit /veg button to the right and the popover displays, i get a blank portal display.POS3.png

whereby i am looking to get POS4.png

When the popover displays. The popover is 7 portals side by side to form a grid. It works absolutely fine if a product has been entered into the left hand side eg where the dummy product is. It then displays. I tried to enter the dummy at new transaction via script and then delete it in the same script but the popover is again  blank. The popover portal is based on a seperate table to the portal where purchases are entered.

Any clues as to what i might be missing. This is in FM15ADV. on windows 10.

pos2.png

Sounds like you're showing related data but when the parent record is empty there's nothing to relate to.

This topic is 1876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Clayton King
      First, I appreciate any help I can get as this project has been evolving over two years and, as these kinds of projects to, has become more involved and complicated over that time. I've posted related questions, but exploring other parts of my project. As I'm not a programmer, but a sort of user nerd, my inquisitive mind wants to learn, but sometimes simple concepts elude me. Feedback, both on the specific goal at hand as well as the project overall is always appreciated.
      Performers is one piece of a much larger project, but I'm trying to enhance the project and working on a piece at a time. 
      BACKGROUND
      I'm sharing the entire project layout to provide some insight into how the parts fit together. The application is a booking management tool for performers, consisting is several tables as shown:

Again my focus right now is the Performers table and how to use it in relation to the Gigs (and Gigs~Songs_Join) tables.
      There is a Gigs layout which is the hub for performances by one or more Performers. On that layout is summary information about a gig and a portal which shows which songs were performed and in what order (Set & Slot fields). The portal also includes a Performer Name. The assumption at this point is that up to 4 performers will do a given gig. This might change in the future, and could impact the below goals.
      Gigs~Songs_JOIN is a connecting table for Gigs, Performers, Songbook, Venues, Musicians, etc. Performers is a table of singers and includes fields for a serialized SingerID, name, area of speciality (Tenor, Baritone, etc.), etc., and additional fields for combinations of the same performers including: 
      Multi: checkbox-indicates this record is more than one performer
      PerformerName: calculated based on Multi: if NOT Multi, show performers Name, if Multi, show MultiName (below)
      Type: value list-is this a duet, trio, quarter, all, etc.
      MultiName: the description of this record (i.e., Duet-Clayton/Vicky)
      Other summary fields include:
      Total Gigs: count of gigs in which this person has performed
      Total Songs: count of songs this person has performed
      GigID: match field to Gigs~Songs_Join

GOAL
      I have two goals, one related to the other. First, if the Performer record is checked Multi, I want to "attach" or "associate" individual singer(s) to the record (i.e., show what people are "included" in the MultiName). For example, MultiName=Duet-Clayton/Vicky, I want to show that Clayton and Vicky (each in separate records) are part of Duet-Clayton/Vicky.
      Second, ultimately on the Gigs layout, I want to show which Performer sang which song (currently works in the portal), but more importantly, show variable summary information (goal layout below) which changes for each Gig as to each Performer, how many songs they sang and the total amount of time they sang. The catch is, in the summary I don't want to show the Multi records, but instead increment individual singers. So, in the summary info with related portal records in the example below, rather than showing Clayton sang one song, Vicky sang one song and Duet:Clayton/Vicky sang one song, I want to show Clayton sang 2 songs and Vicky sang 2 songs. In summary info, Duet:Clayton/Vicky wouldn't appear. In other words, the summary would show how much time each person was singing.

In the summary block of the Gig's layout, each of the above sets is a one-row portal filtered by set. I want to have the SINGER1,2,3,4 replaced with the actual Performer's name, and each band/portal show summary info for the appropriate singer. 
      Here is my relationship graph:

• By Answers
      We have a Filemaker Go on iPads and there is a layout with portal rows, when scrolling through it hesitates and you must wait to scroll down. We have offline files on the iPad, although it happens when we connect to the Filemaker server as well.
      Any suggestions?
      Thank you,
      Caroline
    • By Matt.C
      I'm hoping someone might be able to help, or at least point me in the right direction.
      I'm creating a portal that displays a student photo, but would like the ability to navigate forward/backward through the photographs in the portal without the vertical scroll bar. My < and > buttons currently point to a Go to Portal Row - Previous/Next script step. It works great when "Allow vertical scrolling" is turned on, but does not work with it turned off. 
      It does work with Allow vertical scrolling turned on and show scroll bar set to "When scrolling", however, the scroll bar appears on mouse-over. 
      Any suggestions on how I might be able to achieve this?
      Many thanks!
      Matt

• By Jhon Doe
      Hi everyone,i have an issue, maybe one of you could guide me, I have grouped a set of records into a portal (it could be more than 1000 records), each row has a pop-over button that display some actions over the record, but the popover is too slow when i try to open it,  does anyone know the reason of this behavior? how can i solve it?
      Thanks,
      Jhon
    • By Panagiotis Alexoula
      Hello there.

First of all im newbie in fm. I use the filemaker 16. I want to make a new base that keeps track of pages and especially registerstations and log ins. So i created 5 tables:
      "sites, user_names, passowrds, emails and account_descripion) I linked the tables with relationships. I created a portal witch have fields from three different tables, a field user_name from table user_names, a field password form table passwords and a field email from emails table. When i insert the first line(raw) in the portal ιτ seems to work. but  if i try to insert values in the second line (say in a site you vave two accounts like facebook one ofiicial and the other one "a fake account") it seems that something is not working properly. I upload a 3m12sec video to show you what i mean. Please check it if you have the time.
      Also, the source file that im working on is in this link (filemaker 16 file):
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zW1jC6-dL1I9zEplo7Xw0dL3Wy8onKkl

Thanks for your time

• Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    Sparknet  normanicus 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.