"it appear that your connection is slow"

This topic is 2851 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

When I sync the demo file every thing is fine but when I try to launch the sync process on my personal base with the same connection I always get this message.

Is there a setting which can be optimized ?

Jonathan

Check the external file reference in your local file. There should only be one location listed and it should point to your hosted file. That's the most likely issue, if that's not causing it then I'm not sure what is.

Hello,

Didn't know this message was about the ping. ( I thought about the speed connection... )

I disable all the launch script on my server. (I got a lot :-D) So now the server can ping quickly and I don't have this message anymore.

At first I use the same file for mobile and server, but now I understand that the server must be simple and quick.

Thanks for your support !

Ah, good catch on the launch script. I had a similar issue for a while, but I realized that my hosted file was only being used as a hub and not accessed directly by users. I solved it by adding a script block that exits the start up script immediately if the file is hosted on server. Something like:

If [ Get ( HostIPAddress ) ]

Exit Script[ ]

End If

Thanks good idea. I will add it to my base.

Joshua, you look very good with FMEasySync, can I ask you if it is possible to add a progress indicator for push ?

Do you know if there is an easy way to choose which base must be synced ? 

Edited by pfry

Thanks, I've learned a ton from the people on this forum. 

You could easily add a push progress bar that keeps track of how many payload segments you've sent. However it will be difficult and probably inefficient to track the number of records that the server has processed because that step is happening on the server.

To track the segments pushed, just modify the push payload script. Under the comment '#Pass the payload to the server', inside the loop, add something like this:

Set Variable [ $$EasySync_Status ; Value: "Pushing payload to server...&¶&Segment " & $i & " of " & $num_segments ]

Refresh Window

Refreshing the window repeatedly may affect performance if you're pushing a large number of segments.

6 hours ago, pfry said:

Do you know if there is an easy way to choose which base must be synced ? 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. Could you explain?

Hello Joshua, Thanks for you answer.

I will try to add these lines in my script.

In my file I got several tables : customers, invoices, invoices data etc ...Let's imagine if I only want to sync the customers, is there a way to do that ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Well, you may already know this, but EasySync will only sync tables for which you've created table occurrences prefixed with "ES_". It will ignore other tables. So for your three tables if you only want to sync customers, you'd create a table occurrence called ES_Customers, but you wouldn't do that for Invoices or Invoices Data.

Or do you mean you want to give the user the choice to sync only certain tables whenever they sync? If so, you'd have to do a fair amount of modification on the easysync scripts to accomplish that.

This topic is 2851 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.