iphone, ipad, desktop, Win 10 what is the script in Layout Chooser to determing which Layout to load first?

This topic is 2844 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not sure what you mean by Layout Chooser...

What you need is an OnFirstWindowOpen script that will detect the device and the OS and go to the proper layout.

Look at the Get( Device ) and Get( SystemPlatform ) functions.

I am trying to create a FM14 database(very small 30 records only), that will run on iPhone, iPad and Desktop. I am modifying something I found on the Web called "Vehicle Tracker". So far I am successful, short of the initial script that decides which "Menu" to load on which device. I have found in the Script Workspace a Layout called "Layout Chooser" which I edited to load my Desktop menu, cleverly called "Menu". This script appears to determine if it is being loaded by FM Go or a desktop. Haven't tried it yet in FM Go, but works just fine to find and load my Desktop menu. I now need to be able to either edit this script to load an iPad version or find some script that will discern between the three devices and load the appropriate "Menu".

My Layout Chooser file:

Hi Mike,

40 minutes ago, Mike Kelly said:

I thought i could copy and paste to this, but that didn't work

In FileMaker 14  you can copy the scripts as text. Script_Workspace CopyScript Text.png

4 hours ago, Mike Kelly said:

I thought i could copy and paste to this, but that didn't work, i will try this:open script.GIF

Ok, so build out that script using ELSE IF branches for all the things you want.  As mentioned earlier; use the Get( Device ) and Get( SystemPlatform ) as needed.

This topic is 2844 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.