Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Allow User Abort

This topic is 3075 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok so should this be at start of every script unless we specifically have a special script where we want them to cancel if they wish?  It seems backwards and it should always be off unless we say to put it on.  and be consistent with error capture.  Both off by default or on by default or ability to set the default in file options would be best.  So does everyone use abort off in all their scripts?

I've made this a request to FM Inc. for several years now - to have some kind of global switch to have this regardless of what the script may or may not state.  Because 99 out of 100 times I have this set in my scripts.  It's part of the template I use.

I can think of two big issues with this, though - 1) can't be backwards compatible with previous solutions (developers would have to do some reprogramming in some cases). 2) This would have to be a server setting in any multi-user environment.  Bad idea to have one user have it on, while another have it off.

This is just a minor annoyance to me, so I don't get my feathers too ruffled up about it.  There are plenty of other items I feel should be corrected before this one.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

This topic is 3075 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.