Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Avoid using my plugin, ... without authorization.

This topic is 2840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,
I created a plugin with scriptmaster.
Register my plugin with an init script (when opening the database).

QUESTIONS
1. How can I prevent anyone from using the plugin without my permission ... ex: creating a new database.

2. The plugin (apparently) can be used without entering the registration code, how can I avoid using it (if you have not entered your registration code)?

Regards

I'm not sure if this is necessarily in the spirit of ScriptMaster (where a lot is done with an open source-approach), and I haven't checked if there are provisions the ScriptMaster Advanced license concerning how you can and can not use it, but just from a technical point of view, you could include calls to a license in each Groovy function to control execution. You could e.g. pull a license key from a given file, table and field using the functions that allow you to read FileMaker record data (you could also use a custom function to store your license key, or maybe it's enough to hardcode the current file name). If that doesn't return a valid license key, you return an error message or whatever and don't execute the actual function.

I've used a similar approach in a ScriptMaster-based plugin that requires an iText license (implemented with lots of assistance from the ever helpful @john renfrew).

Hi David,...

Adhere to the spirit of ScriptMaster (OpenSource), but this case is unique. My competition and I...  serve the same customer, and want to protect a particular function in Groovy.

The answer is: if you do not register, will last 2 hours.

regards

rodland

Edited by rodland

This topic is 2840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.