Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Open Remote Dialog box does not open

This topic is 2557 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I did not see a more specific topic to ask this question, so I apologize if it should have been posted elsewhere.

I have a user who has just transitioned from working in the office to working from home full time. She has the same laptop that she's had for a couple of years, which she mostly uses for Outlook and FileMaker. (Primary work is done on a separate laptop.)

Just over the weekend, apparently, the Open Remote dialog box no longer opens when she launches FileMaker. Additionally, when she clicks Open Remote from the File menu, nothing happens. No error messages, no dialog, just nothing. (She is still able to access the network files by going to Open Favorite and selecting the server from there.)

IT had her bring in the laptop, and they have uninstalled and reinstalled FileMaker software, as well as BonJour. The problem persists.

Any idea what could be causing this? I asked if any new software had been installed on this machine, and IT says no. (I work remotely and am not able to put my hands directly on the machine, but was able to verify this behavior via a remote connection.)

Thank you,

~Courtney

In the General tab of the application preferences, there's a button to reset dialog sizes and positions. Has she tried that?

58 minutes ago, Fitch said:

In the General tab of the application preferences, there's a button to reset dialog sizes and positions. Has she tried that?

Thank you - that solved it. I had thought she might have dragged it off screen, but I didn't know how to recover it.

This topic is 2557 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.