Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Get Portal Row Number

Mark Johnson

This topic is 5718 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a portal that pulls records correctly from another table with a field in that portal that has a calculation for Get (PortalRowNumber. So its basically like this: FieldName = Get (PortalRowNumber. My FieldName is just a calculation with the get function in it is all. The issue is when i go into browse mode, all it shows in that field for every record that is listed in that portal is 0 for the portal row number even if i have 7 records in that portal. They still all show 0 for the portal row number. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem? The relationship is correct and everything else works but the portal row number.

Well the portal row is for a song playlist and i have the portal rows with a button to move the song up or down in the portal rows for the song i want to play first or if i want to arrange the songs in a different play order but i want the numbers so when i print the list i have the songs numbered on the print out for one but also just to keep track so i can just look at the row and say i have 4 songs and not have to go through the long list and count them physically.

The calc field with the Get( PRN ) function needs to be unstored.

That said, Daniele's advice is good.

Vaughan

---------------------

Mi dispiace per il mio Italiano

The calc field with the Get( PRN ) function needs to be unstored.

That won't change much. Get(PortalRowNumber) returns the number of the currently selected portal row. When no portal row is selected, it returns 0.

The calculation that numbers portal rows sequentially is Get ( RecordNumber ) - and "@@" is the 'Record Number Symbol'.

This topic is 5718 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.