Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS 9 Advanced Running Very Slow

This topic is 5245 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We have been experiencing Database access that has been very slow lately during various times throughout the day. The slowness is noticed by the sort status bar, hour glass ,and coffee cup. The slowness can happen anytime during the day, but not always the same time. If you let it go it may correct itself in 20-30 minutes, and then run fine until the next day or later that day. I had IT check to make sure Norton was not scanning the Live DBs, and made sure that the system backup was not backing up the Lives DBs.

The IT tech can not see any high activity to explain the slowness. If I have them reboot the server it is fine. And now I figured that if I disconnect all users it will also solve the problem.

See the attached gif of the database statistics, anytime we have problems, the Elapsed time and Wait time jump to a high level

The FM backup does not seem to be affecting the slowness

We have been running FMS 9 Advanced on a virtual server for several months without any issues, it just started recently

What else can I try?

Do some serious performance monitoring focusing on the 3 potential bottlenecks:

- hard disk

- network interface

- processor

Since your server is virtual (we do that a lot here too) make sure that the master machine isn't busy with other virtual instances and can't dedicate enough resources to yours.

Also: is this a VMware install with load balancing between hosts?

This topic is 5245 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.