Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runtime Soultion using external data source

This topic is 5102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Well ive seccsussfully created my first Database and coverted it to a Runtime Soution of it as well. I only have one problem that i am hopeing that someone can help me with. i am using a primary data base but i link to a sperate document Library. Prior to creating a runtime soultion everything works perfect, example when i click on my Data buttion it will pull up the document library and open it in a new window which is perfect. when i create the run time soultion the primary data base works perfect but when i click on my data button i get a data base not found error and it opens a file window which shows the document library. when i select it it opens right up. and yes when i create my RS i select my primary data base and my document libary. any ideas on what im doing wrong?

Well ive seccsussfully created my first Database and coverted it to a Runtime Soution of it as well. I only have one problem that i am hopeing that someone can help me with. i am using a primary data base but i link to a sperate document Library. Prior to creating a runtime soultion everything works perfect, example when i click on my Data buttion it will pull up the document library and open it in a new window which is perfect. when i create the run time soultion the primary data base works perfect but when i click on my data button i get a data base not found error and it opens a file window which shows the document library. when i select it it opens right up. and yes when i create my RS i select my primary data base and my document libary. any ideas on what im doing wrong?

Is the separate document library a Filemaker file? If so, I don't think that you can link a runtime solution to another Filemaker file. If the document library is not in Filemaker, what is it and what is it's structure?

The only way I can think a runtime can link to an outside datasource is via:

http://highearthorbit.com/212/

...but there are several tools making a much smaller interface app, than the whopping 10 M a trimmed runtime would include. Even worse isn't there anything prevending each user seeing the same data file from "stepping on each others toes" ... please for your own sake end this pennywise pound foolishness. Filemaker isn't dedicated for foilwrapped solutions ... the idea is that every user have a legitimately possessed version of filemaker.

--sd

This topic is 5102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.