Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP Go and Dictation

This topic is 4334 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

Just upgraded from 11 and bought an iPad. I thought about using the dictation feature in a solution of mine.

Is that even possible.

The concept is to record into a container field while on the road. At a later point, review these recordings and have the dictation feature translate them.

Any thoughts about how one would implement this?

Thanks

What diction feature is that?

It's possible (and relatively easy) to record sound and store it in the database using FM Go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vaughan

The dictation feature on the iPad. I know storing it is easy in a container field. I was wondering if I could get the audio to text function. ON the iPad, if you dictate audio, it writes the text for you. Is that even possible to start the audio from the container field and have the iPad dictation listen to it and write the text. Kinda like Dragon Speak.

I don't think that's gonna work. I'm having the same challenge. I want to record Audio into a filemaker container field on the iPad, but then have it sent by email to a transcription service.

My problem is: That audio recording window that pops up on the iPad is so large that it basically covers the entire screen! You can't view the contents of the filemaker page underneath the recording window! What good is that?

Is there any way to minimize the audio recorder window so that it records in the background and retains the ability to look at the filemaker layout and read from there while dictating? That would make my day.....

thanks

This topic is 4334 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.