Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker Pro 12 crashes few times a day

This topic is 4153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi

FileMaker started to crash few times a day. I get the next error:

FileMaker has stopped working

Problem details:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: FileMaker Pro.exe

Application Version: 12.0.1.183

Application Timestamp: 4f62a0d3

Fault Module Name: DBEngine.dll

Fault Module Timestamp: 4f629e86

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000c88b9

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information1: 0a9e

Additional Information2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information3: 0a9e

Additional Information4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Do you know where to look to stop FM from crashing?

Thanks.

Start by upgrading to 12.0.v2 Link

It sounds like your file has become corrupt. Are you getting a message when you restart it that says that the file wasn't closed properly? Have you tried Recovering the file, or saving the file as "Compacted"?

Do you have a pristine backup copy of the file?

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

I have also had a number of Filemaker file corruptions.  They occurred several months ago.  No recent corruptions.  However, I am very concerned, and I think the problem is Win7, not Filemaker.  I am running FL12, Advanced.  No server involvement.

I received FM12 (at my work location) at the same time that I was upgraded to WIN7 from WP.  It was in that timeframe that my Filemaker corruptions occurred.  I was not sure of the problem was with Win7, or FM 12.   FYI – I’ve been using Filemaker for over 10 years, and it has never crashed.

The bad news is that I have experienced other serious anomalies since moving to Win7.

• Twice I had a True Crypt file reported as “not a True Crypt file”.  I was not able to recover it, and so I lost the secure data I had stored in it.  I have also used TrueCrypt for many years, and I have never experienced a failure.
  • I have has at least one unrecoverable failure in a Treepad file.

At home, my wife is running Win7.  She had a sudden disappearance of a critical folder.  Just gone.  Deep searches produced nothing.  The file recover program “RECUVA” found no evidence of its existence.  Google on “lost directories in Win 7” and you will find that there are numerous reports of this anomaly.

WHAT I HAVE DONE

1. I trashed Win 7 on my home computer, and reinstalled XP.  I will soon do the same for my wife’s machine.
  2. I have backed off on using FileMaker at my work location, where I am stuck with Win 7
  3. Knowing that Microsoft Win 8 is built on the base of Win7, I have concluded that Microsoft is on a dangerous path where I will not remain.  I am moving what I can to UBUNTO, and there is a MAC in my future.
  4. My ideas for getting into commercial FM development is now gone.  The world is running on Win7, with big marketing muscle pushing toward the glorious social features in Win 8.  I figure that being a FM developer in this realm is doomed to having lots of customer troubles.  My database future is most likely in MySQL.

That’s my story – not a happy picture.

This topic is 4153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.