This topic is 2809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this issue.

I have a customer that just started getting this error 307.

I've updated to Filemaker 14 just about the time I started seeing this error 307 on my machine, I am trying to understand what the error is.  Any understanding / link I would be grateful.

All I am seeing is that the users need to update to the next version to clear this error.  Customer is not to happy about the update option.

Is there another way, process, work around ? 

Thank you.

Thank you Lee,

But this explanation doesn't mean anything to me.

Other than it is a FM 14 error.  My client is on a FM 13 and has not lost connection.

Can you be more specific a little better understanding here, sorry.

Thank you.

Any live development on that server / those files?

The error basically says that something was being committed (a record, a schema change,…) and that communication between client and host was lost during the commit.

So the network is iffy.  Either the network card on either either end, a piece of network equipment or just plain the latency between the two.  That's where the troubleshooting focus should be on.

Are the users on WiFi for instance?

Wim Decorte,

I am reading in the Filemaker Community for the following ... please see attached.  I am just trying to understand at this point.

The customer is in Canada and I am in the US.  I've just launched FM 13 to see if I can duplicate on my laptop.

I have no idea what the condition of the connection is on their end or the server, how would you even check / test that ? I usually get a disconnect from server message ?? 

To speed up the database I navigate to layouts across all my layout with a perform find initially ... !@#$ basically find no records then the customer select specific records ( could this be my issue ? )  I do have a portal on the layout and it is in "Form" vieew but I keep that at zero record until the customer selects them in a global dropdown menu to populate the portal.  Sound like it is the cause base on the attached message.  Anyway thank you, any assistance, guidances, links here will be grateful.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 11.33.14 AM.png

It looks like this could be a genuine bug; did the thread on TechNet indicate that it was resolved in FM14v4 or later?  Are you and your client running on the latest v-rev of 14?

As to this point:

19 hours ago, Mr. Ignoramus said:

The customer is in Canada and I am in the US.  I've just launched FM 13 to see if I can duplicate on my laptop.

I have no idea what the condition of the connection is on their end or the server, how would you even check / test that ? I usually get a disconnect from server message ?? 

See some thoughts here: http://www.soliantconsulting.com/blog/2013/01/development-vs-deployment

The point of that blog post does not necessarily fit your situation but it does come close: how the solution is deployed will reflect on your performance as a developer.  That's just how it is.  We may like it or we may not.  It may be fair or unfair.

Are you responsible for troubleshooting any networking issues they have?  Depends.  I tend to get involved in that because I want to make sure the client gets to actually enjoy the solution and not get frustrated with it.  But not everyone wants to do that.  With distance being a factor, a lot depends whether the client has a good IT team that can help you, whether you have a chance to go on-site,…

But at the very very least you should be a aware of the condition of the server, the server is the cornerstone of the deployment; you absolutely need to know all its specs, how it is configured and what else potentially is running on it.

Anyway, food for thought.

Wim Decorte,

Here is the response from Filemaker

The complete forum thread can be found at:

Error 307 FM 14 Server Upgrade?

This issue was addressed in both FileMaker Pro 15.0.1 and FileMaker Pro 14.0.6 when accessing hosted FileMaker Server 14.0.4 files.  If the clients are using an earlier version of FileMaker Pro 14, have them update to FileMaker Pro 14.0.6.  If the clients are using FileMaker Pro 13 or earlier, then consider moving back to FileMaker Server 14.0.3.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

Wim Docorte,

As a tool to keep client solution across the hosting server downloading quickly we navigate the client layouts within a zero record condition.  Then giving the client global fields to select how they want to see a particular record(s).  These layout do have portals, put these portal also do no populate until the clients provide a value to a global field and I keep these global fields empty so my clients are usually in a zero record condition on a lot of their "Form" layouts.  I am looking at maybe providing a 2 record condition if the client refuses to update.  I don't have that many clients but they are growing.

Thank you for your suggestions, I help the client as best I can, offering suggestion where I can, learning myself as I go.

This particular client is sensitive to cost as he should be and asking him to update, well he will be frustrated.  He purchased his licenses last year.  I tend to suggest to clients to not necessarily update immediately but stay close to the current version of Filemaker. 

This topic is 2809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.