Exporting found set of records

fed

This topic is 2738 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to export a subset of records from a table for use in a FMGo database.  When I use the export script step, all the records are exported.  Is there a way to only export the found set of records?  Is there another way to export a subset of the records from a table?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

No, that's what does happen...

You can get the entire table exported if you are not on a layout with the found set. Or if you try to export a sub-table. Or (sometimes) if it's hosted and you don't explicitly set the find in the script.

But if you are just on a layout with a found set, the found set for that layout will be what is exported...

Are you doing this manually, or with a script?

Thanks for your response.  Sorry I did't get back to this sooner, I was quite busy with another more pressing issue.

I am doing this by script.  In fact, I get many more records than I have.  I would like to export 93 of 985 records.  But when I export, I get 19807 records.  Maybe it is because I am exporting information from various tables.  Looks like I am getting all the related records, not just the last one, as I have in the table in question.  Any idea how to solve this issue?

1 hour ago, fed said:

Maybe it is because I am exporting information from various tables.

If you're exporting from a parent table and include fields from a child table in the field export order, then your exported file will contain a record for each child. The parent fields will be empty except for the first record in each group.

If you don't want this happen, then why are you including the child fields in the export?

3 minutes ago, fed said:

Is there a way around this?

I don't know, because I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. If a parent record has three child records, and you need those three child values in the exported file, then having three records instead of just one should be a good thing for you. If there were only one record, then two of the child values would be missing.

This topic is 2738 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.