Multiple Save as PDF to email wont open

baweld123

This topic is 2754 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello.all I have a script that saves files to a pdf is a person has "Passed" the exam . There is multiple Certificates and the script used to put them all together and email them as ONE pdf. Since upgrading to FM15 this script although still working and i can in fact open my email and see multiple PDFs on my MAC, the people with Windows say they cant open it. It appears to save on there system as a PDF.Dat ?  If i send a single i have no problem, its just if i send as a multiple. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 07.12.57.png

Hello Thanks for your reply, Yes your right the dot is missing if i use the script debugger and let the first PDF load onto desktop there is no .Pdf only Pdf  If i reneame it and put in the dot it shows as a full pdf on my desktop. So the question is how do i get the dot in there? Thanks

great Thanks for that after i sent that i checked through and saw it , Problem i have now is that its not loading onto the email. It used too though. the pdf loads onto desktop perfect!

//PATH
Get ( DesktopPath ) &  

//NAME
BS Testing Input::BS Person1 & ".pdf"

this is what i have 

Can you print your script to pdf (not a screen shot) and post again? Also, the above script assumes that the first PDF is created, because all the others append. Is that a fair assumption?

You should not be redefining $path in the "Boron Awareness" section. $path should only be defined at the top of the script.

Also, what is a typical value for the field "BS Testing Input::BS Person1"? I typically script or substitute any values in the field that would result in a file name that is not friendly. That is, substitute out spaces and put underscores, make sure you do not have any periods, such as "Sara J. Cooney" which'll break your path.

In the Send Mail script step, simply enter $path in the Attachment dialog.

This topic is 2754 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.