Sync errors

This topic is 2691 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Wondering if anyone knows what to make of these errors:

Reply-To: [email protected]

To: [email protected]

Subject: Sync failed for config 'BeFoodSafe5' running on 10.0.4.57

Oct 13, 2016 12:42:36 PM com.prosc.mirror.config.server.SyncServer$3 call

SEVERE: Sync between filemaker8.oda.state.or.us / BeFoodSafe5 (FileMaker Server) and sschwab iPad BeFoodSafe( username 'developer', running Go_iPad 15.0.2 on 107.77.213.218, ping time: 476 ms, machine name: 'sschwab' )

Last sync failed: com.prosc.sync.AbortException: Sync was interrupted/canceled while waiting for client to receive HTTP message. Reason: Sync was canceled because remote user started a new sync on the same device.

Oct 13, 2016 2:48:29 PM com.prosc.mirror.config.server.SyncServer$3 call

SEVERE: Sync between filemaker8.oda.state.or.us / BeFoodSafe5 (FileMaker Server) and sschwab iPad BeFoodSafe( username 'developer', running Go_iPad 15.0.2 on 107.77.213.218, ping time: 735 ms, machine name: 'sschwab' )

Last sync failed: com.prosc.sync.AbortException: com.prosc.sync.AbortException: Sync was interrupted/canceled while waiting for client to receive HTTP message. Reason: Sync was canceled because the remote user's session expired. This probably means that their device was turned off, lost network access, or exited FileMaker.

Thanks for your help.

When MirrorSync sends a message to client device, it waits up to 8 hours for the client to finish processing that message and send back a response (I know that sounds crazy, but we've actually had legitimate 5-6 hours syncs from people uploading a bunch of containers over terrible network connections).

In most cases, if it takes longer than about 5 minutes, it means the client lost the connection, but we have no way of knowing that, so we wait.

If the client did get disconnected, and then starts a new sync within 8 hours, MirrorSync will detect that this device is the one that it was waiting for, and cancel the previous sync that it was waiting for. This will lead to the message you're seeing.

Thanks Jesse

So after the clients gets these two messages, if they attempt another sync they will start 'fresh' and not (all things being equal) not have another severs/canceled sync or do they need to wait that 8 hours?

Thanks, Mark

• 1 month later...

I have a client in Australia, trying to sync to my server, in US who is consistently having this problem. The error message I see is:

Dec 03, 2016 5:55:38 AM com.prosc.mirror.config.server.SyncServer$3 call
SEVERE: Sync between my.server.com / File Interface (FileMaker Server) and ClientMac (username 'user', running Pro 14.0.4 on 110.142.68.140, ping time: 975 ms, machine name: 'MyMac' )
Last sync failed: com.prosc.sync.AbortException: Sync was interrupted/canceled while waiting for client to receive HTTP message. Reason: Sync was canceled because the remote user's session expired. This probably means that their device was turned off, lost network access, or exited FileMaker.

Is there anything I can do to try to troubleshoot other than keep asking them to re-sync?

Thanks,

ft.

Probably not. It sounds like the connection just isn't good enough. However, if you want to submit a problem report to us (by clicking the 'submit problem report' link on the MirrorSync launch page), we can review the log and see if there is anything unusual going on. The problem report only includes logs since midnight of the current day, so be sure to do submit it immediately after the problem happens, and be sure to include the same type of information in the problem report that you've included in this FMForum post.

This topic is 2691 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.