Server 15.0.3 update & Unmodifiable files

cbum

This topic is 2658 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I updated my FMS15 from 15.0.2 to 15.0.3 yesterday (on MacOS Sierra & latest updates) running on a MacPro. I shut off the DB before updating.

Today, my host files are unmodifiable. Anyone see this? Did the files get corrupted? They behave normally otherwise...

I am traveling, so I can't troubleshoot directly, but I can use the server admin console remotely.

Edited by cbum
Typo

Thanks, they are not paused. Host is not asleep.

ne other item: I had just updated the OS with its latest security upgrade before updating FMS to 15.0.3.

Could there be some complications with the new security patch?

Most likely the permissions on the files were changed so that the FMS account (fmserver of group fmsadmin) no longer owns them.  Use the chown and chmod command lines to set it correctly.  You can use the free BatchMod application if you don't like using Terminal.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Wim,

thanks for your response - you were correct. I only got back now, and the folder containing the DB files indeed lacked fmserver as user.

I was able to simply use the GUI in the cmd-i box to add fmserver with r&w privileges, applying it to all contained files, and all went back to normal.

I had done this using chown & chmod a few years ago, so I was pleasantly surprised the GUI worked as well.

It remains unclear why this corruption occurred, as mentioned, I had done both FMS and MacOS updates at the same time in a rush to get out the door...

This topic is 2658 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.