Image Issues Creating Files from Scribe

This topic is 2637 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is a follow-up to the "Formatting Issues Creating Excel Files from Scribe." I'm still testing for the same client, but he has decided he is fine formatting the Excel files after the fact. Our primary reason for moving to Scribe is for "exporting" images to Excel, and that is my current issue.

FYI, I'm using FMP Advanced 15.02; Mac OS X 10.11.6, Scribe 2.184. I'm getting an error when opening the Excel file: "Excel could not open <name of file.xlsx> because some content is unreadable. Do you want to open and repair this workbook?" and then, in smaller print, "If Excel cannot repair the file, some data may be lost." Two options are "Cancel" and "Open and Repair."

Opening the file presents most info OK, except that there are are floating boxes where the images should be. (Well, kind of, as the boxes seem to start at column B and I'm setting the images to land at column A - will worry about that later.) The floating boxes have a big red "X" at top left, plus the text, "The image cannot be displayed. Your computer may not have enough memory to open the image, or the image may have been corrupted. Restart your computer, and then open the file again. If the red x still appears, you may have to delete the image and then insert it again."

I have restarted, and googled a bit. I've tried a few other things, as well:

* File is set to be exported to the temp folder. Modified that to the desktop, and tried opening it directly from the Finder, no change.

* Tried setting the images directly from local table (I was using a related field earlier), no change.

* Tried setting the image to a smaller thumbnail first, no change.

Also, I went back to the test file (based on the provided Scribe sample) and, for the most part, did not get this error. However, after adding a few images from the client file, I had mixed results: one image was OK, three were not. 

Some of what I've read makes me think there are errors with the xml output, but I can't judge that.

Any suggestions on how to fix or what to try next?

TIA,

debi

• 5 weeks later...

This topic is 2637 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.