Can you script curser entry into a field? I know you can [navigate to field], but what if you have the field "checked" as "no entry;browse mode"?

I always thought a script would over ride, and allow entry, even when not marked as such.

Reason for the question is, i want a field on layout to be modified, but only through a script.

THANKS!!!  =)

Yes, the Go to Field[] script step (if used in a script) will override the disabled entry behavior. But denying entry to a field does not make it modifiable "only through a script" - so your strategy may need rethinking.

Ah geez. I did not have it as a script, only a single action step. that is why it was failing. Thanks Comment, you're still going strong here, awesome!  =)

23 minutes ago, Dr. Evil said:

Reason for the question is, i want a field on layout to be modified, but only through a script.

Hi Randy,

If you happen to place that field on a different layout and DO allow entry to the field or if there is an import then the field is not protected.  Layout protections are used only to enhance data-entry and Security should be in force as needed.  I mention it more for other readers since I highly suspect you've taken that into account.  You've touched a fine point in layout/scripting behavior.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Evil said:

I did not have it as a script, only a single action step. that is why it was failing. 

Good observation.  Yes, one of the differences between a single step ( button press ) versus script step is that a button is User-driven so User layout rules are applied whereas a script overrules User layout constraints.  

Nice to see you again!  :-)