canton

Filemaker Go 15 crashes when entering data in portal

I'm having issues with FM Go 15 crashing when I try to enter data into a portal.  It closes FM Go and does not save any data that has been entered that day.  There is no pattern to it and sometimes it does not do it at all.  I've tried deleting the app and reloading as well recreating my FM Go file, but still no luck.  Has anyone had similar issues?

Hi canton and welcome to the FM Forums,

System requirements

System Requirements for FileMaker Pro 15 and FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced

Please note that OS X Mavericks 10.9 is no longer supported. Please update your operating system before upgrading to FileMaker Pro 15.

Could the be the problem?

Lee

Appreciate your help Lee,  for some reason I entered my operating system completely wrong.  Could it be because I'm running FMP 13 with FM Go 15?

Created a new file in FM 13 advanced on Mac 10.9.

Running in FM Go 15 crashes when I try portal text entries. Do you also have container entries? I do.

Will try recreating in FM advanced 15 this weekend and see if it does the same.

No obvious reason why it crashes. Shared from FM13 it's fine. Shared from FM Server 15 it's fine.

Probably is a FMgo 15 issue with FM13 creation.

Will see 😀

Thanks, CoZiMan!  Within the portal, I have container, text, and drop-down entries.  All of these fields have caused a crash at some point.  Sometimes it crashes when I press the "Done" or "Previous/Next" navigational buttons at the top of the portal entry box too.  

Hopefully this can be resolved in an Update by FMgo?

does it happen on all devices or just one?

On 1/22/2017 at 6:13 AM, Wim Decorte said:

does it happen on all devices or just one?

On both my iPad mini and iPad. Hmmm. All my older version created files work fine local or server shared.

Any other helpers with observations?

You can certainly try by using the most recent version of FM Go.  But it could also be that your file has been damaged by the frequent crashing.  Crashing damages files and damaged files crash, it can be a vicious circle.  Try to run a recover on a *copy* of the file to see what it reports.

Download a trial of FM15 and create a similar file then open that in Go 15, see if that crashes.