Server Install on Windows not working

This topic is 2614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to install an Enterprise version of the email plugin on FMS.  I copied the 64bit plugin to the FMS Extensions folder (see screenshot), shut down FMS, and restarted.  But the plugin does not appear in the list of plugins available to the server (see screenshot).  Using FMS 15 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (see screenshot).

Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 3.41.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 3.45.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 3.46.27 PM.png

By far the easiest way to install a plugin on the server is to use the "install plugin file" script step in a script that you run through PSoS.

Does this one require a specific Java version that perhaps your server does not have?

As a total aside and not knowing anything about the solution: I'm assuming those are 8-core processors?  Depending on how busy the user load is and how high you the FMS cache set, asking the user to take on extra load server-side through PSoS or schedules may require some more memory.

Hi Daniel,

It looks like you have sorted it out but I wanted to give a few tips for you or anyone else running into this issue: You do not need to stop and start FMS. In fact, unless you are physically restarting the machine FMS runs on, this may not restart the FileMaker Script Engine (FMSE). The FMSE is what needs to be restarted in order for the plugins to get loaded. The easiest way to restart it is to open Power shell and type the command fmsadmin restart fmse -y . I have also seen the Admin console not reflect accurate information (i.e. installed plugins not showing). Whenever I install plugins on FMS, I will restart the FMSE and then restart the admin console with the command fmsadmin restart adminserver -y . If you are cmd instead of Power shell you may need to change directories to where the fmsadmin utility is installed in order to run the commands.

This topic is 2614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.