Filemaker Script Engine Process has terminated abnormally

This topic is 2566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, 

I just yesterday started with a host company for a dedicated server for a few databases I host for some fire departments.  I got a downgrade to Server 14.0.4.414 so the departments with FMP12 can still connect. 

I moved over one database onto the new server that was previously on a shared server host and successfully was using the 360 Works email plugin to retrieve fire call data from an email account.  Forgive me but I have not setup a server from scratch before but I have put the 360 works email plugin in the extensions folder on the server and also downloaded and installed Java.  In the admin console I see the server sees the plugin but it says Not Loaded under Plug-In Name (not sure if that is normal).  With the database open on my FMP client machine I try to run the script which checks for emails and I don't see it working.  I believe the registration details for my plugin license are at the beginning of the script that I tried to run.  

Also when I try to setup a schedule to run this script every 2 Minutes it won't let me create the schedule saying there are no available scrips for the given user account that I am trying to assign within the schedule.  After it gives me the message that no scripts are available the FMSE fails and quits.  Does any of this ring any bells as to what the issue is?

Thank you for your time.  

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 6.44.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 6.43.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 6.46.45 PM.png

First order of business: the plug-in has to be loaded on the server. You can contact 360Works and they will hell you if you can't do this. But try deleting and get a new copy. If you're on Windows check whether you need the 32bit or the 64bit version.

Second, test your script locally and when to working perfectly then try to run it from the server.

Third, make sure you trap for errors after every step you could run into a snafu. So trap for registration failure, setup and sending failure.

Also, you need a New Record script step when going to the log layout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of Agnes Riley's advice is solid.

To elaborate on their first point, it looks like your FMS is running on a Mac and thus you must have Java 6 installed in order for the plugin to operate. Was the Java you installed Java 6? If not you can download it here. If you have Java 6, I have seen the Admin console not reflect information accurately. Restart the FMSE and the Admin Server using the fmsadmin utility. Once you have done that, log back into the Admin console and check if the plugin is enabled. Also make sure you are using the most current version of the plugin(2.17) . If you have done all of this and are still having issues, send an email to [email protected] and reference this thread and we will get the issue sorted out.

Thank you Agnes and Ryan!.  

I don't think I downloaded java 6, i think it was a different version.  I will work on that now.  

The email plugin has been working great both locally in the file and also on the shared server that I was on.  The people over at Point In Space were awesome in getting things up and running on the shared server.  Now that I am on a dedicated server I am trying to do it myself.   

I think the register script step is definitely in the several scripts that run on the schedule so I don't think that is an issue here. 

I'll get back to everyone shortly. 

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

If you did not install Java 6 then it is definitely an issue, if not the entire issue. If you were having registration problems then you would be getting demo mode expired errors but it looks like the plugin has not initialized yet. Please let me know if you need anything else!

Thank you both for all your help.  It was the Java issue.  I followed the link you sent, thank you, and restarted the server and everything is working great.  

Thank you

Chris

This topic is 2566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.