Server Maintenance This Week. ×

I desperately need help URGENTLY

Freesia

This topic is 2586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have to make a thing on filemaker for a school assignment which is be due tomorrow and there are some things i have no clue how to achieve. 

My assessment notification says  "Create a query which shows all sales made during a set period of time. E.g.: last month. Sort the records in descending order based on purchase amount (in dollars)." but i dont know how to do this. Ive tried following tutorials but all i get is error messages. Please, someone, can i have something i can copy and paste into the button criteria thing so im not completely screwed. thanks

- A desperate teenager with no clue how to use filemaker

Hi Freesia

I'm sure the idea is that you learn how to do it yourself, rather than getting someone else to do it for you (at least that's how I remember school, though it was 28 years ago!)

If you have the start of a database then we could give you some guidance on the last few steps if you have given it a go. You could post the database here.

I'd start with just one table, with maybe an primary key (ID), a date field for the invoice date, and a value (number) field for the invoice value. You could then add a simple script that does a find on a date range, and then sorts the results.

This topic is 2586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.