Is ScriptMaster compatible with FileMaker Server 16 ?

This topic is 2448 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not certain what is going on but it would seem that FileMaker Server 16 has had multiple issues. 

I thought 5.04 would fix some issues but it never seemed to work. Version 5.05 works for FMP 16 and FMPA 16 but on FielMaker Server all functions return "?" to the log file for the script.  

I had thought I had a version working on server but it was completely hanging up when run as a scheduled script. I believe this was recognized as it was cited as the reason for version 5.05. 

This is a big issue, I think new versions of the plug-in and plug ins generated need to be tested on Windows Server. 

Edited by jaylkjr
Correcting missed word

OK, here is the deal. I think I have figured out some of the issues...

When a new version of scriptmaster comes out, it seems you must cut and paste all your functions into the new version FileMaker file. You have to MAKE SURE you put the parameters in the correct order (although you can avoid that by using a let function). After this, you have to insect and make sure that even if the function is named the same, that the scripts recognized it. I don't know the logic as to why some are recognized and others not although the name is the same (cut/paste). 

It appears that version 5.05 fixes the issue where server side scripts were hanging. We added a timeout to our application for good measure.

This topic is 2448 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.