Server Maintenance This Week. ×

email plugin not working on FMS16 webDirect or PSOS

This topic is 2171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We just moved to a new server running FMS16. Windows, hosted on AWS.

I installed the email plugin (v3.04) on the server and enabled it.

It works fine when using FileMaker client running locally.

When I try to run use the plugin either in a PSOS script or from WebD (local or PSOS)  it hangs the server.

I have verified that Java 8 v131 is installed on the server, the plugin is installed and enabled on the server.  If I show a dialog with get(installedFMPlugins) it shows 360Works email v3.04 is installed and enabled.  The script with the plugin fails right at the first step (registration) or if I remove that at the Connect step.

I know this isn't a lot of info to go on, but anyone have any ideas?

Hopefully,

Jerry

Edited by JerrySalem
version of plugin

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I have a client having trouble (Sever and FM Pro clients) with 3.0.5 plug in since upgrading to FM16.
The plug-in won't stay loaded in FMServer16.
For FM Pro clients, the connection is intermittent, and the user doesn't always know if it worked or not (scary for business). I will be adding more error displays where I can.

I see this post references Java. The version history shows "No longer requires Java installtion" for v 3.0.1.
Is there still a java dependency that I have to worry about?

HI Carolq,

Our plugins are written in Java and thus require a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in order for the code to execute. The plugin now downloads the JRE and manages it so you do not have to. With that being said, will the plugin enable on Server and stay enabled for a while and then disable or will it not stay enabled at all? 

As for the FMPro clients, can elaborate on what you mean by "the connection is intermittent". Are you talking about the connection to the SMTP server ? or with the plugin being enabled?

• Newbies

I needed to re-install FMS16, that solved my issues.

Thanks for clearing up about the java. The network admin at the client didn't want Java on the computers, but we have cleared that up with him now.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi there. I'm experiencing similar issues. It doesn't hang the whole server but the session hangs and I can't even force disconnect it from the command line. Running plugin version 3.08 on FMS16 (up to date). It *was* working a few weeks ago and then suddenly it's stopped working. Haven't been able to do a server reboot yet to see if it clears up. I'm calling the script from FMP not WebDirect. I tried doing what was mentioned above where I create just a simple script with the Register command, same behavior.

This topic is 2171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.