Server Maintenance This Week. ×

JSON parsing performance comparison

This topic is 2513 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've been using Daniel Smith's JSON scripts from (http://www.modularfilemaker.org/module/json/) to parse JSON.

It's worked quite reliably (thanks Daniel!), but I'm wondering if anyone has compared its parsing speed to MBS's JSON plugin or the new native Filemaker 16 JSON functions? I'm still on 15. I'm working with some larger JSON files that are taking a long time to parse and hoping for a faster solution.

Any data on which option parses JSON fastest? Any disadvantages/advantages to each option?

Thanks!

Haven't compared it to MBS parsing but I was using both the modularFileMaker ones and the BaseElements one.

The CF and scripted version on ModularFileMaker I abandoned for speed reasons.  The BE plugin was just faster.  The FM16 ones seemed to me to be on par.

In my tests the FM16 functions are about 10x slower than our plugin for large JSON blocks:

http://www.mbs-plugins.com/archive/2017-05-23/JSON_Functions_MBS_vs_FM16/monkeybreadsoftware_blog_filemaker

And FM16 does not handle data types well with JSON, all handled as text.

• Like 1

What is the time spent on parsing intervals of 10 000, 100 000, 1 000 000 records 10 fields, datatypes mixed( timestamp, text[5-255], number )?

Did you make a benchmark between FM and MBS's methods?

Edited by ggt667

This topic is 2513 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.