This topic is 2493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am not quite convinced but I am considering switching from MAC to PC. The question however is : how to get my FMSP data from my MAC to aPC ? I thought it over and my logic saus :

1. Export MAC FMSP into an excel sheet

2. Download new FMST on the PC

3. Adjust the changes I made in "fields" on the PC so the "fields" do correspond

4. Import the excel sheet from MAC on PC and then in FMSP on PC

Is this the workaround or is there a better one ?

What is FMSP and FMST?

If you have an existing FM-based solution then you don't need to do any of this, just transfer the .fmp12 files over to your PC and open them up on the Windows copy of FMP.

Is FMSP = FileMaker Starting Point from RC Consulting?

• If it is just a local file: You shouldn't need to export / import anything. Just close the file, transfer a copy to the other computer, open it up.
  • If you are hosting the file somewhere: You just need to connect to it. Nothing more.

In either case, you may need to tweak some of the layouts/styles. Fonts on Windows render differently.

Out of curiosity with is the reason you want to switch from Mac to Windows?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies
On 13/06/2017 at 6:32 PM, Lee Smith said:

Hello Jose,

I sent you a Private Message, please read it before proceeding with this question.

Lee

On 13/06/2017 at 5:04 PM, Josh Ormond said:

Is FMSP = FileMaker Starting Point from RC Consulting?

• If it is just a local file: You shouldn't need to export / import anything. Just close the file, transfer a copy to the other computer, open it up.
  • If you are hosting the file somewhere: You just need to connect to it. Nothing more.

In either case, you may need to tweak some of the layouts/styles. Fonts on Windows render differently.

Out of curiosity with is the reason you want to switch from Mac to Windows?

Well because I heard a loyt of good things about Windows 10 and I was rethinking to go back to Windows after 15 years of MAC. Also I find the new iMac etc... quite expensive compared to some Windows PC. But, I am so deep into the MAC system and to be honest everything works, that I decided to stay MAC. I bought an iMac 2017 27" and a MaCBook Pro 13". 

The thing I like about Apple is that their hardware is top. Never had problems. So, now I am using my MACS wit some Office for Mac and the Google Suite. I don't like the software Apple brings. It looks to me that they are not sotware developers but hardware manufacturers. (computers, smartphone, etc..)

So for the next 5 years I am settled :-)

What?

You still haven't read my Private Message. 

36 minutes ago, josenoulezdemiguel said:
On 6/13/2017 at 9:32 AM, Lee Smith said:

Hello Jose,

I sent you a Private Message, please read it before proceeding with this question.

Lee

Therefore, you haven't provided the required Profile Information.

Lee

This topic is 2493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.