Scrolling problems in Windows

DataLackey

This topic is 2464 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi FileMaker people,

I used to use FileMaker on a Mac, but have recently switched to a Windows 10 computer. I was developing a database on the Mac, but since moving to PC I'm getting a lot of horizontal lines, blurred text and broken borders, images and buttons as I scroll. I've attached three screenshots as examples - these are happening on most layouts, most of the time.

The solution is hosted remotely on a Windows 2012 server. I didn't have these problems when I used a Mac, and I've looked at it on a coworker's Mac over the same internet connection and the problem didn't occur. I don't have another Windows machine I can test this on, but I did notice the problem (although it was far less severe) running FileMaker on a Windows virtual machine on my old Mac. I assumed it was a problem with the virtual machine, but it looks like a broader issue.

The customer who will eventually use the solution will run it on Windows machines. At this stage it's so ugly and hard to read I'm not sure we can use it.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks in advance,

John

filemaker buttons.PNG

FM layout problems1.PNG

FM layout problems2.PNG

I would try to confirm the problem using other Windows machines, potentially other Windows OSes to narrow down exactly where the issue is.  Your profile states that you are using FMP14?  Make sure to be on the latest patch.  Also try with 15 or 16.

When you create a new layout on Windows, does it have the same problem?

This topic is 2464 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.