Can you change parts of text colour in a portal in a report

littlered136

This topic is 2467 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have a database and in each record there are portals which contain lists of characters, which you can add to or take away. You can then generate a report via a script that will list the characters under each date. I wanted it where it lists some of the characters in a different colour if they contain a certain word. I have managed to get it via conditional formatting but it then changes every character in the portal under that date rather then just the character that contains that word.

Is this something that is possible or am I chasing a unicorn??

I have attached a screen grab of the report. EG. under the first section I wanted out of the 3 different characters listed (they are in one portal in one record) I wanted just the RAF to be green and the parajmpers and TRF operators to be black still is that possible. I can get all of them to turn green if RAF is present in that portal but not just that character within the portal.

Hope this makes sense.

I am on a MacBook using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15

Thanks

Sarah 

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 16.11.24.png

Hi Steve,

There would be no benefit to others by posting this file. The original file was written by a develop who has sense past away, Sarah was only tweaking it for her use. All we did was changed a few calculations, added a couple of Custom Functions from Brian Dunning's site having to do with coloring text,  and checked the box for sorting a relationship.

In addition, Sarah worked out several things on her own. 

Lee

This topic is 2467 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.