Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Removing Spaces while printing

jmille011

This topic is 2496 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having some issues with the understanding of Sliding & Visibility feature of the Position section of the Inspector. I've attached a screenshot of the what it would look like when printed, but would like to know how to work through making that space below the last subject and bringing up the line separating the next grade. There are fields there, where the blank space is, but it has conditional formatting so that if the subject is missing, none of the other information will show. 
Essentially there are a total of 15 subject fields going down vertically but want the section to move up if the fields are empty so that the document could fit to one page.

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 9.10.23 PM.png

Sliding will not work if any fields are set to align middle (vertically) and borders on lines can sometimes be a factor, also check on the layout setup and un check the boxes.

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 6.52.22 AM.png

• Thanks 1

Okay, unchecked those boxes. Still not working. I'm attaching what it looks like in layout mode to see if you can spot what I am doing wrong. As you can see, I've got the "year" field to disappear if nothing is in the "subject" column. I just want the bolded line to move up if the fields are empty. 
Do you see anything?

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 1.52.49 PM.png

I left aligned the "year" column as well if that's what you were you referring.

Which boxes are you referring to? I can take out the vertical lines no problem to make it work. 

Just so I can make sure I'm doing this correctly, first I would click the line object I have underneath the fields, and then the "Year" field. Go to Sliding and Visibility; click sliding up based on: Only objects directly above. 

This topic is 2496 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.