Print last rows of the portal

This topic is 2479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings good people.

I need help in printing. So I have a portal that I setup like a spreadsheet with rows and columns and a scroll bar.

New entries to the portal will of-course jump to the new row until the portal window is full and then a scroll bar down for new entries. My problem is that I setup the print option to print the preview of the portal but then it will only show the top full visible part of the portal but I want it to scroll to the bottom of the portal and then print that preview part instead but if I manually scroll down and then print...it will always print as if I didn't scroll down the rows.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks...actually I am not printing the portal but the preview of the portal as in "print preview" but I need to print preview the portal that shows the last rows which are not shown unless you scroll down to the bottom of the portal.

I am attaching 2 pics for clarification.

the 1st picture is what happens when I print (since the print option uses the print preview view) but I need it to be like in the second picture, the portal has been scrolled down to the bottom and then Print that print preview.

I noticed that the print preview always shows the top rows. Is there a way around this?

Thanks again

1.png

2.png

46 minutes ago, emtau said:

actually I am not printing the portal but the preview of the portal as in "print preview"

I am afraid I don't see the difference. Print preview shows you what will be printed. Filemaker does not print (or preview) a screenshot. It renders the layout specially for printing - and your current position in a portal will be ignored. There is no way to "pre-scroll" a portal for printing (unless you want to capture a screenshot and print that).

Thank you.

I will find another way besides preview printing...I am still very new to FM but I will find my way, can you point me in the right direction?

The form above should be printed in that table format as a requirement for my work. Right now I do a screenshot of the portal just like the one I uploaded and then do some photo editing and then print. It's a lot of work and it would be nice to just click a button and do just that. Can FM do a screenshot script and cropping of images? lol

If you based your layout on the portal table, then your layout would be in list view, and can look exactly like that.

O don't see any summaries, so if you want to show the last 25 lines, do a find, or omit the records you don't want to show, then print. 

• Thanks 1

Greetings Steve Martino,

Are you saying that in my portal...I can do a find so that it only shows at least 25 last lines (sorted accordingly) and then print? If that is a possibility then I think that would be a great idea.

If possible, can you show me how?

Example:

I want a button to do the following:

- find range "start date" to "end date" on the portal (or better yet, last entry date set as "end date" and 25 entries before set as "start date") this way it auto enters the range instead of me putting in the range manually.

- show the result

- then print (from print preview cos I also have other areas I want to cover in printing but they are not in the portal table)

Will this work?

Thank you.

5 hours ago, emtau said:

can you point me in the right direction?

I already did:

8 hours ago, comment said:

Print from a list layout of the child table instead.

To print only the last 25 entries (of the current parent record), do something like:

Go to Related Record [ From table: “Child”; Using layout: “Print” (Child); Show only related records ]
Go to Record/Request/Page [ First ]
Omit Multiple Records [ Get (FoundCount) - 25 ] 
Print [ ]

To print fields from the parent record, place them in header, footer or grand summary parts (or in a sub-summary part, provided you also sort the records).

Edited by comment
  • Thanks 1

This topic is 2479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.