Variable to check against to see if its initial sync?

This topic is 2436 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a variable I can check against to see if its an initial sync or not? Initial sync meaning the first time the user has done a sync with this file.

Reason: MirrorSync is telling me it cant sync (the first time) because there is records in the database. I do have one record which is used in my update process from an old file to a new file. So I just want to delete that record before the first sync to resolve this error.

Thanks.

Edit - I guess I could just check for any records existing in the mirrorsync table, correct?

Edited by mdavis6537

• 1 month later...

The existence of a record in the MirrorSync table does not necessarily indicate that a sync has occurred. There are two cases that I can think of off-hand where this is not true:

1) If you downloaded a full copy of the database (as opposed to an empty clone), then it is normal for there to be a record where type='hub' and another where type='server'

2) If you downloaded an empty clone, but the first sync failed for some reason, such as a network problem, there will be a record in the MirrorSync table.

The safest way to tell if a sync has occurred is to look in the MirrorSync table for a record where type='client' and see if the lastClientToken field is not empty. That would indicate that a sync has occurred.

This topic is 2436 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.