Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Global(s) not writing until several log in attempts

This topic is 2453 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

HI,

Need some help / wisdom ... I, the solution provider never have a "Global" issues as being stated below ... ???

I have a solution that some, not all of the solution global fields are not populating when the script writes to them ?

A client had to move their DB to another server and upon upload, soon afterward, I was getting notification from the client that some of the solutions safety conditions were triggering messages where certain events won't happen ... upon further investigation, I've discovered that the "Users" global fields were not writing when the script would write to it ?????  The user, after several "Log In's" attempts would get successful field entry for example like their global "Location ID and Location Name" fields.  

Any idea what would cause this ????? and only after several log in attempts would we / user be successful in their globals writing. 

Contacting the server was unsuccessful, they responded that they are only "Servers" not "Developers" sorry .... hmmm ?

So, any insight to this issue would be grateful.

Tom

Wim Decorte,

This is all I have, I am just beginning to isolate.

I have a "OnStartUp" script that writes information to globals ... as well as other scripts ... this "OnStartUp" script is where I'm going to begin ...

I've attached a pic of the global field that I am currently trying to figure out what is going on.  When I log in ( USA ), this fields writes every time ... however, when my user logs in ( Dubai ) ... it doesn't ?  It takes several attempts ????? Any Ideas.

It's the same script the second "LogIn".  It's my "On Start Up" script.

Anyway, any suggestion I would be grateful.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 2.37.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 2.38.24 PM.png

Are your Users logging in with the same credentials from each location?    Are there multiple files being opened when logging on?   How are your Users being Authenticated?  This sounds like a Permissions or Dependency issue.  Can you post the OnStartUp script?

Edited by Jim Gill

• 2 weeks later...

The client was on FileMaker 12 while the DB was hosted on a server updated to 14.04.  Apparently FM never told the servers in their white page documentation ...   I was logging in on FM 15 and never saw the problem until Iogged in with my FM 13 and saw the problem immediately as my clients side was sending me "error" emails daily that "Key" fields were not populating ??? 

Now I can not say anything here, other than a couple suggestion were made to both the client to update and to me, one of them was to replace all "Spaces" between field names and relationship names as well as to try another server to see if the problem follows.

I did both, meaning I replaced all spaces ( Fields / Relationship TO ) and I loaded up the DB onto two servers; a  FM 13 server and a FM 14 server.

Since the problem went away on both after upload, all I can say is the following ... when I was uploading the DB to the servers; FM 13 and FM 14, we needed to reset the FM server 13, like the file upload stalled and the FM 14 server, I could not open the FM 12 file with my FM 15 version ... after reading the server support page with regard to "a" change FM made in 14.04 I decided to try and open the file on the FM 14 server with my FM 13 version and I was successful.  The file open immediately ... at this point I tried my FM 15 and the file now opens with FM 15 but not until the file was actually opened using FM 13 on the initial upload on the FM 14 server ?  Basically I was getting a message saying I didn't have the correct privilege set or something similar to "OPEN" anyway ... the problem looks to be resolved ... ?

Thank you everybody for the help.

Mr. Ignoramus

This topic is 2453 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.