Button Script to Display Tab

This topic is 2448 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

In the attached file in BD Demo, in layout Prospects All and Tab *Prospects All*. I have tried to follow an existing script, so when you you applied a *Filter* you can then click on the Side Button which should then take you to the next Tab, which will present the information based on that entry, in the respective tags.

This is at present a Demo I am trying to work up, the data is at present all messed up as the people compiling the data screwed up filtering / sorting in Excel.

I can get all other scripts to work except this one. Would appreciate some help in where I have gone wrong, so I can learn, I have searched on the web but cant fine any examples, but then again my Google Foo searching maybe wrong. 

NOTE: I havent set all the DB parameters on the Tables or setup some other functions such as Notes, as I want to get all the scripts working first.

Appreciate any input. File has no security set an use either dev or admin with no password.

Regards,

Kevin

BD Demo.fmp12

Edited by Kevin Pledger
update grammar

I'm not sure what button you are referring to,  or what you are trying to accomplish. If as Doug suggest, then I'm not sure why you would need a button instead of just clicking the Tab.

IIUC, your are wanting to Go To Related Record (GTRR) attached to the  Greater Than button ">"  as it appears to be  button for going to the related record. If that is the case,  it can be be single step

Go to Related Record [ Show only related records ; From table: “Prospect List ALL” ; Using layout: “Prospect List” (Prospect List) ] 

Select the option of show the related record only

The other scripts such as the one attached to the funnel doesn't do anything. 

Anyway, I modified your file to show the related record button.

HTH

Lee

BD Demo_Mod.fmp12

9 hours ago, doughemi said:

You did not name your tab in the Inspector, and then substitute that name for "Tab Name" in the script.

Hi Doug,

Thank You very much, that now works as intended, I knew it was something simple.

Regards,

Kevin

9 hours ago, Lee Smith said:

I'm not sure what button you are referring to,  or what you are trying to accomplish. If as Doug suggest, then I'm not sure why you would need a button instead of just clicking the Tab.

IIUC, your are wanting to Go To Related Record (GTRR) attached to the  Greater Than button ">"  as it appears to be  button for going to the related record. If that is the case,  it can be be single step

Go to Related Record [ Show only related records ; From table: “Prospect List ALL” ; Using layout: “Prospect List” (Prospect List) ] 

Select the option of show the related record only

The other scripts such as the one attached to the funnel doesn't do anything. 

Anyway, I modified your file to show the related record button.

HTH

Lee

BD Demo_Mod.fmp12

Hi Lee,

Appreciate the input, Thank You very much.

The Tab Prospect List, is actually setup as a Search Filter, because the actual amount of records will be over 1500. Example, I can type Santos, in Operator, click on the *Funnel* it then will return all instances of *Santos*, the *Trash Can* clears the filter. Then you can just click on any of the returned records.

Regards,

Kevin

This topic is 2448 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.