Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help with using tables from another database

muskee

This topic is 2366 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 2 databases, each created with filemaker pro 16. They are both mounted on filemaker server 16.
So it's database A and database B.
In database A I added 3 tables from database B. I made a layout with some portals in database A that show information of database B.
Whenever I try to access this layout in database A, I get the login screen asking for my credentials of database B, Is there a way to tell filemaker just to use the admin account and always show the tables from database B with all permissions? (instead of always having to do the login)

If I don't put the credentials of an account with permissions to see this data, then the portal will show a message saying " < File missing >""

Would really appreciate your help!

Hi muskee

You need to add accounts to Database B with exactly the same username and password as you have in Database A. That way, FileMaker will try to open Database B with whatever name/password was used to open Database A and show the data without asking for login.

If there is not a matching account in database B, then you will be asked for login credentials.

There is no way to tell FileMaker to use a specific name/password when opening a file that is referenced in 'Manage -> External Data Sources', you have to do what I describe above.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, rwoods said:

Hi muskee

You need to add accounts to Database B with exactly the same username and password as you have in Database A. That way, FileMaker will try to open Database B with whatever name/password was used to open Database A and show the data without asking for login.

If there is not a matching account in database B, then you will be asked for login credentials.

There is no way to tell FileMaker to use a specific name/password when opening a file that is referenced in 'Manage -> External Data Sources', you have to do what I describe above.

Thanks, solved!

This topic is 2366 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.