Plugin fails to enable

This topic is 2310 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All

Anyone else getting issues with the 360 works email plugin sometimes not enabling when filemaker is started?  The plugin is listed, and just but needs to be enabled, but it is very frustrating.

OS - Windows 7 / 10

Filemaker pro 16.03 

Plugin version 3.05 enterprise license

Hi htmbolton,

This is an issue that we are aware of and have fixed in development. We are currently in the testing phase of our next iteration of plugins that will contain the fix for this issue. We will announce their release through our newsletter (you can subscribe to it by scrolling to the bottom of the main page of 360works.com) and our social media. Please be sure to subscribe so that you know when the update is available.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

We have a customer that has fmserver 16.03 with email plugin 3.06 but this does not load. Also strange is that the admin page Description of this plugin displays version 3.05

I downloaded the latest version again and installed on the right location but still does not load and version stays 3.05

Hi Nico,

When you installed 3.06, did you restart the FileMaker Script Engine (FMSE)? If you did not, then you will need to before the new plugin loads. You can restart the FMSE by typing the command:

fmsadmin restart fmse -y 

in Terminal/CMD. If you did restart the FMSE and have 3.06 installed in the Extensions folder for FileMaker Server, then I suspect that either the Admin console is not updating and needs to be restarted or , if your customer is using a Mac, the new JRE that 3.06 uses did not download/unpack completely. In the case of the JRE, follow the instructions here for Mac. To restart the Admin console type the command:

fmsadmin restart adminserver -y 

in Terminal/CMD.

Similar problem here. This is what I sent to support but its the weekend so I may not hear back wonder if anyone else has thoughts.

This is a follow up to below

The plugin would not load again after a simple server restart. So I created a server-side script to auto update the plugin.

Ran it installed the plugin but still didn’t load. So I deleted the plugin from the server. Restarted the server so I could see that the plugin was gone. Then loaded a new version of the plugins to the auto-update file that I am using. I got them from a fresh download today. Then I ran the script. It ran fine and the plugin was downloaded but did not initialize on the server. So I restarted the service again and as before the plugin, it does not enable with an error 474. I am completely out of ideas. And I have to say. I am many hours into lost no billable work with this recent set of updates causing failures too long running scripts and processes. Not a happy customer!

This was the original email.

The latest cloud mail server plugin on Windows Server will not stay enabled. I am running windows server 2012 with all the latest updates. Filmmaker server 16 is up to date. 

Yesterday I was able to get it to enable and stay enabled by copying a new version over and disabling server plugins saving then checking the Cloud plugin to enable it and then enabling plugins and save. It appeared to stay checked. Although I didn’t check this morning before resting the server. This morning I had to restart FileMaker server in order to update the windows server with its regular updates. Now I can’t get the plugin to remain enabled. The other 360 works plugins are fine. As are my Troi plugins. so it is something with Cloud mail. 

The error I am getting is a 474 error. Is that a permissions error. I just tried to shut down the server. Copy the plugin into the directory again and restarted the server. It seems to have stayed enabled this time. But the behavior is disconcerting and I would like to get to the bottom of it so I can be confident it will stay enabled. 

This is mission critical for this customer.

360Plugins_Server.log

Event.log

This topic is 2310 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.