Record modification creates a new record in a related tables

spand

This topic is 2284 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have no idea how I can make something like versioning of a field. I have 2 tables. The first one with products related to tabled with prices. I'd like to store every change of a price in the second one. 

Hi Spand,

You will need a table for the change. Every time a change is made to the field containing the price you should use two triggers:

1. On Modify to grab the previous value (store it in a global variable)
  2. On Save to grab the new value (store it in a variable)

Then you can make your script store these in your change table (Price_Log, e.e.g) with the timestamp and the modifying account.

So you'll need two scripts that perform these functions: one for the on modify trigger and the other one to store the values in your log table.

Also, before an admin "yells at you" please fill out your profile so we know what version of FileMaker and OS you are on.

Hope this helps,

Not sure what you are wanting, but to create a related record, there are several ways.

I would start with a find in google, here is one I just made https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=how+to+create+a+Related+Record+in+FileMaker&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 which provided several hits.

This topic is 2284 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.