Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMServer16 webdirect test database not working

gwjo

This topic is 2178 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a new installation of FMS16 and am trying to get the webdirect function working. When I click on the Test filemaker webdirect link on the tests page of the FMServer console page I see momentary activity as though something is loading but then a blank page. Is there something in the settings or setup of the server that I have missed? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks,

George

• 1 month later...

Found out about the java update problem and have updated both java and FMS. FMServer_Sample.fmp12 opens perfectly well but my own databases don't and just show a blank page with a big X in the top left corner. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this?

Thanks,

George 

• 2 months later...

Finally sorted this problem. It's all about the settings in the file. If you want users to log in to the system you have to specify an account that will allow the initial login or else webd sees the database as unavailable. I solved the problem by specifying an access account and then writing a startup script with re-login as the first item. This then forces a re-login.

This topic is 2178 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.