Server Maintenance This Week. ×

show list for users associated with a task

stuee

This topic is 2200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, kind of new to FM and working on a task thing.

What i have is the users are in the fm user setup and displayed on a a uer management page, i also have a create task, on the create task i have a box showing the users and i tick the ones i want involved in that task. 

At the moment when you open the layout for task list it shows all the tasks, what i want is that the only tasks users can see is the ones their  user is setup to be involved in.

I really have no idea how to make this.

Im looking for guidance :)

I think you need to provide more details

"...working on a task thing."

Huh?

"...the users are in the fm user setup and displayed on a a uer management page..." 

Are these different layouts, tables?  How are they related

"...i also have a create task, on the create task i have a box showing the users and i tick the ones i want involved in that task..."

On which layout?  How is a task created

Maybe a picture of your relationship graph would help or a sample file.  Your request seems to vague to me.  So please provide more info

Thanks

Hi, i made a post before which kind of made no sense i think but i cant delete.

I have my db all setup and most functions working, im just struggling with some scripts to show lists and also a couple of portals. 

The last time i tinkered with filemaker was FM9  and OMG im lost. 

If someone would have a little time they could help me i would appreciate it and explain / give the file to look at.

As i mentioned the charity  i work for is old school paper and disorganization! and i remember playing with fm9 and how sort of simple it was to make something easy,. We are non profit so cant justify to the boss something that they dont know about and get funding. 

I look forward to your reply. 

I see you read my Private Message, thank you for completing your Profile.

Your first post was related to assigning tasks, did you review the file I mentions call Task?

Lee 

Hi, yes i did and it kind of isnt what i needed. 

Ill explain more. 

I have users in the security>Accounts.  they show in a selectable list on a "Create Task" layout page, this works....

im trying to do 2 things with this.  1st when the person goes to the task list layout i want them to only see tasks they have been assigned to.   2nd a popup field on the task list to show who is involved in that task. 

The actual task bit works fine its just getting the filter working and the user list on that task line.

Im still learning the relationship thing too and portals.  :(

As a previous post explains i work for a charity and not used fm since 9 and only tinkered with. Im trying to do some databases to make our (volunteer) lives easier. This DB is for events we attend and setups and the volenteers we have, 

Im hoping if someone can help me fix this portal issue and a couple of smaller ones, 

I have attached the project (fm16) and also in the footer of each layout in pink ive written the issues im having. 

Thanks in Advance.

events.fmp12

Not good.  The relationships are wrong.  The portals are backwards, IOW, based on your relationships, the portal is the "1" and the layout is the 'many'.

I'm attaching a sample file I did a few years ago in FM 12, not finished, planned on a complete re-do with 16.  You can change 'menu' to tasks.  But the main thing is to see how the relationships are set up, how to add people to events, etc.

I'm not saying it's the best way, there are many things I would change now that I learned a lot in the past 5+ years, but take a look, just to see if we're on the right track

EventPlanner.fmp12

Hi stuee,

I remember that FileMaker Inc. at one time had a file called "FileMaker Donations" that was written for version 9, however do to the Macintosh Operating Systems upgrades, my version 9 files are no longer available. If you still have your old file, it can be upgraded to 16 in a snap.

Here is a free file from Richard Carlton Consulting Inc http://filemakerdonations.com that might be similar to what you hand in version 9.

Lee

This topic is 2200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.