Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 2158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello FM experts, 

this is a concept step for a more complex script but I need a script that has 2 independent features:

1: it selects the field it is attached to as a button

2: it can be attached to any arbitrary field and it does the same on that field.  

The imaginary script step would be this:

Select field [the one I am attached to]

The problem I am running into is that "go to field" can not be defined by calculation, while "go to object" gets confusing between the script and the field being grouped, as the problem detailed here [https://www.soliantconsulting.com/blog/story-about-go-to-object] seems to be a complicating factor.

Thanks

Asu

Edited by Asu
making it more descriptive

The Layout Objects Window (in FileMaker 16) solves the problem of grouped objects. Using that you can drill down into the grouped object and change its name easily without ungrouping. You can then specify the objects name as a parameter when you invoke the script via the button. This is not available in FM15 though.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OlgerDiekstra said:

The Layout Objects Window (in FileMaker 16) solves the problem of grouped objects. Using that you can drill down into the grouped object and change its name easily without ungrouping. You can then specify the objects name as a parameter when you invoke the script via the button. This is not available in FM15 though.

Ah, OK. Off to the bank :). Thanks for your reply. 

This topic is 2158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.