deploying FM apps

This topic is 2126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What installers are people using to deploy their FM apps on Macs?

OSX Packagemaker is 32 bit and soon won't be supported.

Hi Tomp

We are an Apple Reseller (for 35 years in the UK) and FBA Platinum partner. We use FileMaker extensively on Macs.

The way we deploy anything to Macs now is by enrolling them in an MDM system (we use JAMF Pro), and use the Self Service app to allow users to install whatever apps we want to make available to them.

As for deploying files, we just email everyone a FileMaker 'Launcher' file, and they put it on their desktop and use it to access the databases on our server.

We used to use DeployStudio/Profile Manager to do something similar, but best practise from Apple for organisations wanting to manage Macs is now definitely MDM. In days gone by we used to image Macs, but with the latest OS file system changes from Apple this is no longer possible or sensible.

Hope that gives you a steer.

I probably didn't make myself clear.

I deploy FM runtimes for FM applications that I developed for mom-and-pop businesses in a niche market.

I have been using 'packagemaker' for deployment for years, but have learned that Aple does not currently have, nor do they plan to have, a 64-bit 'packagemaker' available when support for 32 bit apps end on OSX.

Mike Duncan said:

"I use this one: http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/Iceberg.html"

Is iceberg a 64-bit application? Or would I have the sam issue with it (the 'post date' for the link is 6/22/15). Don't want to invest a lot of 'learn' time if it doesn't resolve my issue.

This topic is 2126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.