Mac OS Mojave and FMPA 17

This topic is 2130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good evening.

I apologise in advance if this is not the most appropriate room for this discussion but I thought that somebody can move it if need be.

I have had FMPA 17 on my Mac (High Sierra) since it was released - both worked fine for me - currently running 17.01.143.
Perhaps over-ambitiously, I decided to load up the Beta of Mojave on my production machine. (did you just hear the fail tone?). When I start to work in layouts or scripts, the application crashes abruptly.  The Mojave SP2 was released today and the Mac runs even better overall, but FM still dies a sudden death.

Has anybody else experienced this? If so, is there a work around (and please don't preach to me about Beta OS on a production machine - it was a mistake yes, :) ), or if you've not installed Mojave yet, please wait until it's out of Beta. Just saying...

Cheers,
Greg

I'm glad you did and that's same what I did in the past. As we know: If we don't do beta-Testing with macOS and iOS, FMI never does anyway as proofed here:

iOS 7 - Get(SystemNICAdress) returns... . Report an issue . Bug Report . FileMaker Forums

Unfortunately, a infinite loop with installer highSierra beta3 screwed my SSD. I had it replaced with a more affordable 3. Party OWC-Drive. Now it figures out that Apple Inc. refuses to allow installation of Mojave on any 3. Party Drive!

Not sure if your info goes under Apple Inc non-disclosure-agreement.

A safe way is always to send this Bug Report directly to:

[email protected]

OR

use message opportunities with FDS Jive Forum to have this addressed directly to TSGal or any of the Tech Support people.

Out of curiosity: Is the crash with FM17 only or also with FM16?

Hi Josh,

:) - rolling back is a big job - Recovery Mode etc. Was a brave move I admit - albeit a silly one.
Thats OK - it only seems to be FM17 affected by the change. FM16 is working well.
Thanks for posting. :) 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.